Our country has experienced many divisive moments in the past several years, and that’s part of the reason Julia and I began blogging about friendship. We believe strongly that friends don’t always have to agree on everything, but they should always be respectful and kind to each other. Our friendships help us get through the hard times and remind us to stay focused on what matters.
We wish you a very happy and fun-filled July 4th celebration! Here are some suggestions to make the most of your holiday weekend with friends and loved ones.
- Barbeque: Invite some of the folks you enjoy being with most to a good old-fashioned outdoor barbeque, complete with hot dogs, hamburgers and veggie burgers for the vegetarians. Or, if grilling isn’t your style, pack a picnic basket, grab a blanket and head for your local park or beach area.
- Fireworks: Check out your local fireworks display with friends and family under the stars. And don’t forget the earplugs if the noise is too much!
- Outdoor movie: See an outdoor or drive-in movie. On those nights without fireworks when you need something fun outdoors, check out what movies are available for viewing in your area.
- Concert/Parade: Head to a festival, concert or parade. Your area will likely have plenty of community celebrations to choose from over the course of the weekend.
- Water: Find whatever lake, ocean or pool is nearby and cool off there with your friends. Temperatures are typically at their annual highs in July no matter where in the United States you are celebrating. Stay hydrated and sun-safe!
It will be celebrated with pomp and parade, bonfires and illuminations from one end of this continent to the other.John Adams
Leave a Reply